Whether I (and for the sake of the argument, you) need a fancy and vintage-barbershop-inspired toiletry kit is arguable. I mean sure I need to shave (or in my case trim my beard), brush my teeth and somehow try to do something of my very thick hair. But again, do I need an old school metal razor with a zinc handle and quality changeable steel blades? Well I think I do. Allow me to explain.
As you can probably tell from the last selections I posted (here and here), I am very excited for fall to be back. This is the fifth summer I spend in New York and I have to say… I gets damn hot. I find it impossible to wear a jacket in July and August. And I love jackets. Finally, I can indulge. And comfortably so. Perhaps as comfortably as this gentlemen shot by Søren Jepsen (from the The Locals). Don’t you just love this suit jacket? I do. Along with the accessories, what a cool striped knitted tie, tastefully matching the pocket square.
- Made in Italy hat CAMO - 337 dollars
- Washed wool jacket Frenn Company – 459 euros
- Automatic movement 38 mm watch Junghans – 899 euros
- Speckled silk tie Rag & Bone – 125 dollars
- Slim-fit cotton trousers Alexander McQueen – 350 dollars
- Embossed leather walled Ben MinKoff – 75 dollars
- Les Bases grooming kit Gentlemen’s Basics – 32 euros
- Harris tweed and suede belt Anderson’s – 220 dollars
- Vegan suede desert boots Bourgeois Boheme – 89 pounds
- Engraved cufflink and tie clip Lanvin – 345 dollars
- Knee-length cashmere socks Bresciani – 120 dollars
- Cotton oxford shirt w/ colored buttons Frenn Company – 150 euros
I bought my MacBook almost three years ago and must admit that I still haven’t gotten a case for it. Although I don’t travel with it often, when I do, I’ve resorted to a scarf-wrapping system that is neither efficient nor chic. I think the reason that I put off the search for a laptop sleeve for so long is because I wanted something unlike the ones I see everywhere and I wanted something that was sturdy, attractive and worthy of carrying my laptop. Well the search is over and I found not only one but three that I love for different reasons.
A lot of people think that the suit make the man. I disagree. As far as I’m concerned, the shirt does. It’s a garment that’s much more technical and complex than one could imagine and it can alone dress up (or down) an entire outfit. Yup. I’m pretty excited about shirts. Always have been. Which is why I was also excited to discover Sebastian Ward. I feel like the designer behind the brand gets me and shares my excitement!
Back in July, the founder of Fashion City Insider (an online city guide of the world’s leading fashion cities) asked me to share with her readers my favorite Parisian spots. The full article is here but I thought I would give you a preview here. She asked for an itinerary of the best lifestyle and menswear boutiques.
Here are four of my picks:
- Beau Bien Store, 21 rue Notre Dame de Nazareth [tweet]
- The Broken Arm, 12 rue Perrée [tweet]
- Merci, 111 boulevard Beaumarchais [tweet]
- Cuisse de Grenouille, 5 rue Froissart [tweet]
Make sure to read the full post here and let me know what your favorite Paris stores are.
Our latest selection celebrates the return of Fall. Because as much as I love the sun and the heat of New York summers, I personally think that there’s nothing like dressing for Autumn and Spring. The temperatures really allow you to layer up and (finally) wear jackets and cardigans after a long Summer of wearing exclusively tees and shirts.
- Slim-fit cotton chinos J.Crew – 95 euros [tweet]
- Cotton French terry pullover CWST – 154 dollars [tweet]
- Leather double monks Goodwin Smith – 90 pounds [tweet]
- Woven brushed wool belt Alexander Olch – 154 dollars [tweet]
- Leather 21h bag Leon Flam – 370 euros [tweet]
- Made in the USA quality shirt Sebastian Ward – 175 dollars [tweet]
- NATO strap watch Timex x J.Crew – 205 euros [tweet]
- Wool flannel suit jacket AMI – 420 euros [tweet]
- Retro sunglasses Garrett Leight – 260 euros [tweet]
- Patterned cashmere scarf Fraser Knitwear – 115 pounds [tweet]
- Leather wallet La Panoplie x Veja – 69 euros [tweet]
- Maple handle umbrella London Undercover – 78 euros [tweet]