I discovered the New York photographer and blogger William Yan back in 2010 when I first lived in the city. I even met her at an event in the East Village and he snapped my picture (I need to find it!). Today I feel inspired by a picture he shot back in 2012 : this young fellow chilling on his bike. As part of our selection #73 we had to feature a cyclist. And that one is most nonchalant, isn’t he? Speaking on his iPhone, wearing a beanie, a checkered shirt and rolled up jeans.
I loved La Fonction‘s first release, La Fonction N°1. A mobile office of an exceptional quality and a flawless finish. The young French label is back at it with La Fonction N°1.2. This time, the portable secretary is smaller, but as technical. It’s the perfect format for the modern entrepreneur who carries his smartphone and laptop everywhere, and is as comfortable in meetings than at the coffee shop. And we love the camel / navy combo.
This week I feel inspired by the look of this bearded gentleman shot in Sydney by Giuseppe Santamaria from Men In This Town. I love the hat à la Gavroche and the rain coat. Because at this time of year, the weather can go either way. Oh and about the glass port, well that’s always in order.
- Notebook Stache & Hyde via La Gent – 35 pounds
- Pencils 12-pack Public Supply – 12 dollars
- Instant camera Belair – 329 dollars
- Dotted tie Cavalier Bleu – 60 euros
- Standard pants Patrick Ervell – 198 dollars
- Nomad Office La Fonction – 390 euros
- Blazer Cavalier Bleu – 460 euros
- IPA beer Gallia – 2,17 euros
- Chukkas Monsieur Moustache – 160 euros
- Sweatshirt Brouqueline French Disorder – 59 euros
- Leather lunchbag Kenton Sorenson – 170 dollars
- Sunglasses Dom Vetro via La Gent – 155 pounds